Antetype Cloud UX Improvements

Today, I used Antetype Cloud for the first time and had some moments on my “user’s journey” where I expected different things. Here’s what:

• After a successful upload to the cloud, I expected to get a system feedback, e.g. that the browser opens up as for web exports or I get a message with a link to open the cloud version in the browser.
  • Moreover, I expected to see in Antetype that the prototype is in the cloud and e.g. is shared with someone. As the cloud is completely separated from the Antetype UI, I could e.g. forget what is being shared etc. But I assume, this is because there is no real bidirectional sync between these two. I would appreciate it to have more cloud features directly in the Antetype UI and not in the browser.
  • What I also expected is that there is a “per version” unique link, so that old versions aren’t getting lost for customers who only get the public link. But I also understand the use case and advantage of having only one link with the latest version. Would be cool to support both cases.
    Public Link

The rest worked fine for me so far and I had the advantage to skip the step to export and upload the prototype somewhere else. This is really better now. :+1:

2 Likes

Agreed!

1 Like

Hey, thanks for your feedback.

After a successful upload to the cloud, I expected to get a system feedback, e.g. that the browser opens up as for web exports or I get a message with a link to open the cloud version in the browser.

We will provide a menu entry to open/copy the cloud link in the future. From my point of view, opening the cloud prototype every time you upload would be a bit annoying in the long run.

Moreover, I expected to see in Antetype that the prototype is in the cloud and e.g. is shared with someone. As the cloud is completely separated from the Antetype UI, I could e.g. forget what is being shared etc. But I assume, this is because there is no real bidirectional sync between these two. I would appreciate it to have more cloud features directly in the Antetype UI and not in the browser.

Some data is synced, but nothing regarding the sharing privileges. So you would want to see if it is shared, right?

What I also expected is that there is a “per version” unique link, so that old versions aren’t getting lost for customers who only get the public link. But I also understand the use case and advantage of having only one link with the latest version. Would be cool to support both cases.

From our point of view, the public link feature should rather be used for testing purposes, where someone who is normally not involved in the project needs access to a certain prototype. In other cases, inviting someone as an external member is currently the way to go.

1 Like

Right. It’s about having awareness of this fact. And it creates a stronger connection between Cloud and Antetype. Also from my perception as a user.

I’m also thinking here of certain project constellations where a lightweight link is sufficient. No need for the customer to create and manage an (additional) account (in the internet). Especially, when it’s not about a long-term collaboration with lots of prototypes etc.