Stop the tree list from scrolling?

Can we have a modifier key or some other means to stop the tree list in the left inspector from scrolling when something is selected in the canvas? When I hook up widgets or cells with actions, I often have to drag the rubberband across the canvas to the tree list to hook up a cell or widget. Now, whenever I select something in the canvas, the tree scrolls to that position to bring the object that I have highlighted into view. It costs me so much time to scroll back to the section with the cells I want to hook up. Can you make this optional or a pref or suspend this behaviour by way of pressing a modifier key?
Thanks!

Perhaps if it was possible to right-click a widget or cell and copy its ID so it could be pasted into the action inspector, that would help. My list on the left is now well over 1000 lines long and hooking up events is becoming more and more cumbersome. You select something, the tree scrolls to the position of the selected cell. Ultra-annoying because you have just located that one cell you want to hook up to the event and now you have to relocate it by scrolling the tree.

I think a split view would solve the problem nicely. If we could have a splitter like in Excel, whereby we could make the top portion of the tree view a copy of the bottom portion and one would scroll and the other one stayed fixed, that would be awesome. I admit, my prototypes are very large and have a lot of interactions but hooking up different cells to an event is so extremely time-consuming that I am losing the will to live…
(Maybe a little drama will help expedite the issue :slight_smile: )

Are you still with us? :thinking:I hope so… If you have a unique name for the cell, maybe the Target Chooser would be an option?

Thanks, Felix. Yes, hanging in there. :slight_smile:
I did try the Target Chooser on various occasions but it is simply to cumbersome to use plus it is too slow. Apart from that, I don’t always name cells in ways that this would work.
Note that the spinner is not captured by my screen recording software. This is real time though.
Chooser

ok, yes performance is definitely improvable :smiley: Would copy the cell and paste it into the token-field work for you? (Currently it does not work, but It should be possible)

Yes, that would be the next best thing to a split plane I think.

1 Like

Actually, I don’t think it would help. I am just going through two menus which have an interconnection by way of some actions that cross-reference each menu and I am just finding that copying the cell would not help. Please just stop the darn list from scrolling :-). That will solve all problems. Cells get highlighted anyway. The list does not need to scroll.